A wedding invitation and a mother's day weekend getaway finally drew us to visit Sedona Arizona. Rob had been there before, but without me for some reason. So I was excited to experience the red rocks once and for all. Apparently, Sedona is a very spiritual and mystical place because all three types of hot spots, or vortexes, exist here. Long story short, vortexes are believed to create positive, negative and neutral releases of the Earth's energy. They also evoke balance, a heightened sense of awareness, an awakening of the spirit, and even divine intervention. (I got that from the brochure). Vortex or no vortex, the beauty of the area is undeniable.
The wedding was at Bell Rock, which is a designated vortex area. I would call this a destination wedding, without seating, centerpieces, or decorations. I guess the ultimate decoration is everything around you. We kept that in mind as we hiked 1/4 mile up the trail in our wedding bests. Luckily I did not fall in my high wedges, but others weren't so lucky.
Bell Rock is located behind us, as well as some other wedding guest.
Here we are near the ceremony site.
Another view of Bell Rock. Maybe we're right in the middle of the vortex!!!
Here is Sienna among the red rocks. Isn't she adorable?
Wedding clothes aren't going to stop Spenser from wanting to climb!
We enjoyed the wedding and surroundings so much we planned on returning the next day in proper hiking attire. But I think I'll save that for another blog.
3 comments:
Love your Sedona pictures!!!
I was wondering if you "felt" anything there?? :)
We would love to go back to Sedona again....Maybe we could go on a Samour-La Rosa family trip. Miss you guys!!!
Hey May!
We are so ready to go back to Sedona. A Samour/La Rosa trip would be great. I can't say I 'felt' anything other than a sense of peace. But I'll take that!
Post a Comment