Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A New York State of Mind

Remember way back when I promised pictures of our summer vacation, however out of order they were?  Well I'm keeping that promise, so just imagine this is a flashback of our trip to the East coast.  While enjoying comfortable accomodations on Meadowview Drive, we planned excursions out of the Cranbury countryside to the bustling streets, sounds, and sights of New York City.  Sure there's a lot of walking, crazy crowds, questionable aromas, a plethora of beggars, expensive eats and wares, and oh man, the humidity! BUT, there are sights to be seen and in the span of two short days, we were determined to see them all. 

One of my favorites was Central Park.  Sienna and I love to watch movies, and many a movie has been filmed in that national treasure.  Our favorites are Enchanted, Made of Honor, When in Rome, and Elf.  The Bow Bridge is gorgeous (and featured in Made of Honor and When in Rome).  Here we are posing in this picturesque place.


 


Another sight to see is the Angel Fountain at Bethesda Terrace.  This feature is prominent in the movie Enchanted and Elf.



Sienna and I (or maybe just me) are so nerdy that we tried to recreate some movie scenes.  Here we are recreating the scene from Enchanted where Robert tells Gisele to go and basically get out of his life.  He gives her some money and watches her walk off.  While walking down the Central Park mall, she gives the money to an elderly lady sitting on a bench.  Sienna is the elderly lady and I'm Gisele.
If you haven't seen it, do!  Then this will all make sense.

We also did very 'touristy' things in the park which included a horse drawn carriage ride.  Personally, I think that's more fun than a taxi or a subway ride.

And of course you can't forget the Empire State Building!  The last time we were there Sienna was 18 months old and Spenser wasn't with us yet.  Eleven years later and stronger, here we are at the observatory -
  
On our first visit to this landmark, I snapped a picture of Rob holding Sienna's hand, similar to this one.  Of course I have to track that picture down and scan it in, but imagine the same picture, only with Sienna as a toddling 18 month old.   

Another awesome thing Rob and I did was attend a taping of the Late Show with David Letterman.  The guest was Regis Philbin and it was quite entertaining.  Unfortunately, we didn't get on t.v., even though we were sitting up front. 


Here are some other highlights -






So we conquered the concrete jungle where dreams are made of.  And we had fun too!

No comments: