Warning, if you are prone to motion sickness, do not get on this ride. Can you imagine my anxiety after seeing this sign and contemplating whether or not to attempt it? I had heard from a friend that after getting off the ride they witnessed several people vomiting in the exit corridors. So then I started to wonder if I should ride it, in case I am one of those unlucky fools. Sienna told me I should just go on it; even if I do throw up, no one knows me so it's no big deal. I figured that as big a Harry Potter fan as I am, I didn't want to miss the experience that the ride would provide. So I sucked it up as they say and rode it proudly with my family. Thankfully I did so, because it was the most rewarding ride I've ever been on.
First of all, just like 'Flight of the Hippogriff' and 'Dragon Challenge', standing in line is a treat not to be missed. As you enter the gates of Hogwarts, enthusiastic young employees greet you,
and direct you to lock up your valuables (as they may fall out) and then get in line.
Along the way you pass Professor Sprout's greenhouse (for some reason I don't have a picture of that) and then you enter the halls of Hogwarts.
On the walls moving pictures greet you, and you visit the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom.
This is the room where Professor Lupin teaches the students to defend against their biggest fears, and to Harry that is the dementors. This part of the plot can be found in The Prisoner of Azkaban, my favorite movie of the series.
Harry, Ron, and Hermione talk to you in the classroom as well, another cool feature.
A trip to Hogwarts wouldn't be complete without a visit to Professor Dumbledore's office. It has a secret location, which begins at this Phoenix sculpture.
He speaks to you as well, from a videotron above.
To enter the Gryffindor common room, you must give the password to the fat lady.
She will let you pass as long as you have the right password, or if you listen to her sing badly.
One last important feature of waiting in line is seeing the Sorting Hat. It talks too!
One final warning is offered before boarding the 4 person mechanical tram. You get bolted in and begin to hear the Harry Potter theme. Hermione talks to you and after casting a spell, you are off! Floating, twisting, turning, flying, you are on top of the castle and take off on your broom to escape the dragon. You fly with Harry as you play Quidditch and with him you face the Dementors and Aragog, the giant spider. In the end you are the hero as the whole Gryffindor house salutes you upon your return.
We rode 'The Forbidden Journey' three times, which shows our dedication to it, especially as it broke down twice. I can't remember every aspect of it, but know that we all loved it. After the first day we all agreed it was our favorite ride in all of Universal.
No comments:
Post a Comment