This was quite an ADOT week for the Samours! It started with the Gateway Freeway opening and ended with the annual Roads and Streets Conference in Tucson. Held in Tucson every April, it is the place to be as engineers, dignitaries, and contractors from state and federal entities come together to celebrate the fine work and progress they've made.
Even Sienna and I picked up on the frequent said query - "You going to Roads and Streets?" while at the freeway opening. We heard it so much that we were excited to reply, "Why yes, we are going to Roads and Streets!" Of course not being employees ourselves, there are some events we are not privy to, but staying on property luckily is not one of them. So here is a view from our room at the Star Pass Resort.
Many of the people who attend the conference are people we have got to know over the years and some have even been to a Samour Sounds Bash, so although not official registered attendees, Sienna and I had many people to talk to and mingle with.
They had some cool things to interact with at the Expo, including what Sienna and I would look like as engineers.
Kinda cool!
Of course you've seen some pics of our favorite display!
We all got in a picture with Dewey and Comic Dewey, including Sharon Gordon, the cool chick who works for the FHWA.
Jennifer, Dallas, and John were also caricatured, unfortunately I was not able to photograph them all.
The sun did not show the next day, so pool time was not a possibility. Instead, Sienna and I headed to the U of A to watch men's tennis.
Believe it or not we were back home at 4 pm to get a practice session in!
Definitely a good Good Friday, but certainly a long one!















No comments:
Post a Comment