In April, I got to attend an event called Princeton Splash, and it's basically a day where high school students become Princeton students for a day. We got to take mock classes on the campus. You register online, and are assigned a classroom and teacher. Classes ranged from 'How to Make Chocolate' to Filmmaking to 'Crash Course in Neuroscience.'
I registered and soon enough, Dad and I were skipping school/work and were on a plane to New Jersey!
(A very tiring 5 a.m flight.)
We couldn't help ourselves. We had to take a selfie with the PT Cruiser!
We were up the next morning and off we went! I picked up my schedule and name tag and headed to class. But not before we took some photos!
Slim Kim came with us too! All the credit goes to her! Kim was the one who told us about Splash.
My first class of the day was 'The Art of Filmmaking.' There were twenty other kids enrolled in the class. She showed us a bunch of different video clips and camera angles and shots, and trust me, I will never look at a movie the same again.
My next class was 'Personal Creativity: An Exploration of Creative Writing.' Coincidentally, the same kids from my filmmaking class were also in this class. We all contributed to the teacher's conversation on how to overcome writer's block and avoiding plot holes or flat characters in our writing.
My final class was on the different sizes of infinity. A class recommended by my math teacher. It was a very interesting and totally confusing topic of discussion.
After class we wandered around campus and took lots of photos.
The campus is absolutely gorgeous, and I still think it looks like Hogwarts. If I am lucky enough to get in, it would be a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment