Once in town I like to hit the beach. The beach makes for the most scenic gym, as seen in the following pictures.
Mornings are chilly, especially in Pismo Beach, where the morning workout takes place. Avila Beach, on the other hand, is much warmer, and so - much more populated. Sienna and I got several days of sunning on the sands, much to our enjoyment.
My parents spent a few hours with us on one of the days. Here is Papa chatting with Sienna.
Spenser isn't much of a beach person, so he likes to watch from the pier like his Papa Rose.
One amazingly cool aspect of Avila Beach was the view of the humpback whales, frolicking in the ocean every day. For me it was so neat to be laying out on the sand, and just watching the water waiting for a tail, a fin, a leap, or a spray. I was so distracted I couldn't even read!
People would paddle out on surfboards, kayaks, or small boats to get up close and personal to the whales. Here's a video captured by a drone that shows the beauty and appeal of these majestic mammals.
The sun, a book, the beach, family, and whales? You can't beat it!











No comments:
Post a Comment