The EPIC finale to the Harry Potter story came out on dvd today, and in our household that is big news. So Sienna and I headed out early this morning to purchase one with smiles on our faces. And wouldn't you know it that Hoda and Kathie Lee were broadcasting live from the Wizarding World in Orlando to celebrate the storied release? Those ladies may not be my favorite but I enjoyed seeing them in Hogwart's robes posed right in front of the same gates we passed through a few weeks ago! Even more exciting was the fact that several of the actors were there to commemorate the dvd release and pay tribute to the films. The actors that played Ron Weasley, Fred and George Weasley, Lucius Malfoy, Professor Flitwick, and Luna Lovegood were all in attendance, as well as David Heyman, the producer of all 8 films. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for the fact that we reveled in that same location just a short time ago. But all this Deathly Hallows Part 2 dvd release talk reminded me that I've still got some Wizarding World blogs to finish.
I've already blogged about the rides and sights in the park and what's left to share are some pictures about what we (or I) couldn't resist buying.
Around Sienna's neck is a Gryffindor lanyard and in her hand is her wand from Ollivander's. And below you will find - like daughter, like mother.
Other treats and trinkets included a Triwizarding Cup, chocolate frogs, Bertie Botts, a rain poncho, a Gryffindor hat, a polo (not pictured), postcards, and tumblers. Sienna also got an authentic Hogwart's sweater and tie.
Here we are with Hogwarts in our hands!
If only we could fold it up, pack it into our suitcases, and bring it home to Arizona!
No comments:
Post a Comment