Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Thursday

Don't ya just love Thanksgiving?  I certainly do.  Let me count the ways:  days off work/school, eating to your heart's content, favorite thanksgiving foods, Rob's cooking, Sienna and Spenser helping, kokopelli's white zinfandel, turkey leftovers, crosswords, and the kick-off of christmas decorating and shopping. 

Thanksgiving duties are left up to the pro, which in this instance is Rob.  He cooks up a mean turkey and stuffing, so I just sit back and let him do his thing.  As the kids have gotten older, they have enjoyed pitching in with cracking eggs, cubing bread, chopping celery, beating potatoes, and putting in as much butter as they can while mom isn't looking.  Here's some proof of all that.









So what do I do while they work?  Well other than making sure the house is clean, the Arizona Republic provides me with the highest in entertainment on such a momentous holiday.  They call it Crossword Cornucopia.  I call it mental stimulation and fun at its finest.



Now that's what I call a crossword.  It's so big it's quite unwieldy, but I enjoy the challenge.  It's not done yet, but I hope to finish it.  Let's just call it a work in progress.

Here we are ready to enjoy the fruits of their/our labor.  Another fine holiday celebrated with a much beloved family.  All that's missing is you!

No comments: