On Mother's Day I'd like to share some pictures of my children, as they are the reason I get to partake in this special holiday. Yes it is my job and responsibility to love, care, and nurture them, teach them right from wrong, and deal with their highs and lows throughout their lives. As overwhelming as that might seem, it also comes with much pride and joy as I see them grow, learn, and change into the talented and intelligent kids they are.
Sienna just attended her 8th grade semi-formal lastnight, which was outside under the stars at her school. She spent the day at her friend's house who volunteered to do her hair and makeup. Here is the result.
She had a great time dancing and enjoying the night with her friends. In 3 weeks she'll say goodbye to Santan Elementary and Santan Jr. High, and hello to Perry High School. I hope that she handles the challenges and obstacles that high school brings with the same grace and demeanor she's had thus far.
Spenser will be saying goodbye to Santan Elementary and hello to Santan Jr. High. I think he's ready for that transition and the challenges that come with it. He'll enjoy having many teachers instead of one, and I think he'll get a great band experience as well. He continues to play basketball, which will conclude next week with a game for third place. He's still on a high from Bash 2, where everyone was so complimentary of his talent. He told me he never said "thank you" more times in his life!
Here are some videos showing Spenser's dribbling, passing, and shooting skill!
On Mother's Day (and every day) my kids make me proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment