The joys of being a homeowner seem to be vying for attention these days on Bartlett Place. The termites were here uninvited and then exterminated - with a cost of course. Rob continues his weekend job of landscaper to stay ahead of the HOA.
Then one Monday morning I came downstairs to Bartlett Lake.
It required many beach towels to clean up the mess, and Rob has since done some cleaning and deep fridge diving. The fridge is currently pulled to the middle of the kitchen as we continue to watch it for continual leakage. It had a few dry days but is back to daily puddling. I bet if Allan's Hardware and Fix-it was local, he could diagnose and repair it, but in his absence we must muddle through, hem and haw, cuss a little, and add it to the list of costly upcoming expenses. The built-in microwave went long ago, the dishwasher is losing tines by the month, and oh did I mention the oven doesn't have heat? Oh we so need Allan's Fix-it, or at least Allan Consultants. I'll have my man of the house call your man of the house tomorrow!
Right about the time we are getting serious about adding another vehicle to the family, it seems we may also be in need of a kitchen appliance suite! I've always wanted a black appliance suite, but saw it more of a luxury than a necessity. The odds seem to be favoring necessity rather than luxury at this point. But time will tell.



No comments:
Post a Comment