Administrators, engineers, and contractors from all corners of the state invaded Tucson this week for the annual ACEC Roads and Streets Conference. This year found Rob in attendance after taking a 4 year hiatus; I'm not sure of the reasons why, but he's glad to be back and hence, so are we! The conference is always well attended and a fun time in a beautiful location.
Rob left Wednesday, and we weren't able to come down until after school on Thursday. Here's a sun-setting view from the patio bar after we arrived.
Here's a same location picture a little bit later.
A view of the patio/bar.
As you might expect, Rob knows everybody at this conference, and they all know him, so it's hard to make your way through the hotel without a chat or two or twenty. I guess the diffence is they don't get to see us (his family) that often, so we'll just call it a treat for them! Actually it was a treat for us too! They all couldn't get over how big the kids were and many greeted Spenser with, "So you're the drummer?" Sienna also remarked that she enjoyed the conversations she had with everyone. Of course Rob spent time talking shop while at the conference but with his family in tow, he also plugged Samour Sounds and the upcoming show. I shudder to think at how long the invite list has gotten!
The next morning Rob had meetings and I had a headache (go figure), but after a short respite, I perked up as I didn't want to waste a minute of the resort. We had a quick breakfast at Starbuck's, shopped in the boutique, and checked out the pool area. Look at this gorgeous day!
The hotel is located literally out in nature, surrounded by saguaro cactus!
And here are the children, enjoying their surroundings. The strange face on Spenser is par for the course. It's either that, or no picture at all. Sometimes I have to settle.
After our breakfast and mini tour, we met Rob to check out of the room and pack the car. Then we separated again as he went to the last session, and we hit the pool.
Here is Sienna poolside with her new favorite mini-backpack!
Sienna floats on the lazy river, pushed along by the current as well as her brother.
Thanks to ADOT for providing such nice digs. We were "hoppy" to be here on our Good Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment