Saturday, April 14, 2012

Daytona Delights (Super Delayed)

*Remember we vacationed in Florida for fall break last year?  You saw the Wizarding World blog stories, and I started the Daytona chapter, but never finished it for reasons I can't recall.  At any rate, here's a taste of what the second part of that vacation looked like.

The last chapter of the 'dream family vacation' ends fittingly at Daytona Beach.  We love the beach, and the sands of the Florida coast have been tempting us for many years.  If we had a bucket list, I guess we'd be crossing that off of it!  Rob had been to Florida before, but it was a first for Sienna, Spenser, and myself.  Although we had to contend with some weather, precipitation mainly, I found Daytona delightful.  The fact that a superspeedway exists there too only enhanced its appeal, rain or shine.  As we drove in, here is the sign that welcomed us.



How hard it was to drive right by the speedway and not go in! 



But we resisted as we longed to unpack at our beach hotel.

Here is the view from our balcony.  A pool and a beach!  Now that's what I'm talking about!


The property is more like a condominium building, which made for some spacious accomodations.  Here is the living room,


and the kitchen.


Sienna seems to be enjoying the place!


Time to enjoy the balcony as a family.


Oh yeah!



Now that we've seen our accomodations, it's time to hit the sand!  Here we are on the Florida coastline for the first time!


Those are happy vacation smiles!  And now it's time to hit the water.


After enjoying the evening on the beach, our next day order of business was a tour of the speedway.  Check out the sights!

















After the high from the track, good spirits continued on the beach.


You can even rent and ride bikes on the beach! 

 

The boys rode...


and I took a short spin as well.

 

Check out our reserved umbrella, chairs, and table.  We're special (or just big spenders)!




Fun in the sun!



Appropriately, DB bids adieu!

 

Thank you DB and hope to see you again soon!




No comments: