Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Harbors and Ports

Tuesday was a busy day with Papa, Papa Rose, and Spenser getting in 9 holes at Morro Bay followed by some sightseeing and eating of course!  Here is silly Spenser and Sienna with Morro Rock in the background.


Apparently the restaurant we normally dined at went out of business, so we chose another with a harbor view.



We all had sandwiches with a cup of chowder, except for Spenser who got a chowder bread bowl which he loved!


Papa can see the details on Morro Rock through his binoculars.



In addition to golfing and scenic dining, the family is getting some good reading minutes in.  I have read City of Bones and am now on City of Ashes.  Papa Rose is now reading City of Bones, and Sienna has read Matched and is now on Crossed.  Spenser is on his third book of the trip, called Battle for Skandia.


I am varying my morning exercise locations.  This morning (Wednesday) it was Port San Luis.  I parked at the Port and ran to the beach, on the beach, and then back to the Port.  After the run I continued to explore around the area.


You can drive and walk on the pier.  Along the way I snapped some interesting sights.  Above is the landing for getting on to boats, and below you will find some starfish if you look close enough.


Here is the view of the pier as I walked toward the end.  At the end is a famous restaurant, only open for dinner, and a fresh fish market.


Along the water near the pier are many boats, some active, some anchored.


How about some live crabs?


Or just perusing at the market?


Darn, restaurant not open til 5 p.m.  Oh well, not hungry anyway!


Another perspective from the pier.


People are active all around, fishing, kayaking, standboarding, you name it.


Getting in a history lesson.


Another location where kayaks launch.


Check out the seals!  They were honking up a storm!


Walking back to the car after my pier adventure.


And the day has just begun!

No comments: