Sienna and Spenser, great students as they are, were counting the days for summer vacation to start. The last day of school came and went, and the next morning the family packed into the 300 for the 9.5 hour drive to Arroyo Grande, California. They had a great school year and certainly earned some rest and relaxation in the cool temperatures of the Central Coast. Rob was determined to get them there quickly, yet safe and sound. Happily, he was successful!
The next morning and the only full day Rob would have before heading back to Arizona, found us on the shores of Pismo Beach for scenic exercising. Sienna did not participate on this day, but Spenser did!
We even shared the beach with some horses!
After a good workout, Splash Cafe was a great place for lunch and the most famous clam chowder around!
The next day it was time to say goodbye to Rob and try to vacation without him. What do I like to do while on vacation in California? I would sit and read a book every day on the beach if I could. Why can't I, you may ask? Well - the sun doesn't always make an appearance and being bundled up in a beach chair just doesn't make sense to me. But that doesn't mean the surroundings aren't scenic and worthy of some meditation. Sienna and I enjoyed a picnic lunch on a bench overlooking this spot.
Then we got adventurous and descended a stairwell down to a private beach area where we got a little sun - finally!
Sienna enjoyed reading and relaxing while I captured some photos.
In addition to lounging on the beach, I also use the beach as a source of fitness inspiration.
This photo was the halfway destination of one of my morning walks.
I parked the car at Avila Bay Club, and walked/ran the 1.7 miles to the beach.
Rob would be so proud of the amount of exercise I'm putting in! Of course, he's not here to see it, but I'm sure he's glad to hear it. Another activity we ALL participated in was golf. I have been to the driving range before, but never actually golfed. Papa decided we all would do a scramble, which I was leery about but still willing to try. The course was Dairy Creek, one that he marshals at. Here is Spenser, teeing off!
Me too!
I actually did all 18 holes! Lots of fun, but not the easiest sport to just pick up. Papa wanted to include Sienna, so she helped keep score. He called her the "comptroller."
And here she is also driving the cart! Just kidding, she didn't really drive, it was only a photo opportunity!
Here is Papa Rose, hitting hard and far, even with osteoarthritis in her knee!
Check out Spenser and Papa, ready to drive it far!
Papa was very happy with our golf results. We hit a 71, which was par!
Here is Spenser, walking hand in hand with his grandparents, even at his junior high age. Rob would love that!
Spenser caught me being silly on the beach -
and Sienna caught me meeting Elvis.
Another required activity? Practice on the drumline! Here is Spenser getting some hits in at Arroyo Grande High School. Incidentally, this is the same high school where Zach Efron went to school - you know, Troy Bolton from High School Musical?!
While Spenser drummed, Sienna ran the track. You'll just have to believe me as she would not allow me to take a picture.
So that's what we've been up to during our first week of vacation.
I'm hoping to post next time a picture that looks just like this one, except with warm blue skies!





















No comments:
Post a Comment