Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Joy of Reading

It is no secret that I enjoy reading and always have.  I'm not sure where or how it began, it was just something that I always did.  If you ask Rob he would say that 'he never read a book in his life.'  I find this hard to believe being the highly successful engineer he is now.  Luckily he did not pass on his disdain for reading to our children.  Together we never forced Sienna and Spenser to read but they seemed to pick it up and enjoy it, just as their mom always did.  Sienna and I share a passion for book series like Harry Potter and Twilight, and have read them and will read them over and over again.  

The current hot book series is Percy Jackson and The Olympians.  Sienna and Spenser were both reading the first book and since Sienna finished it yesterday, she insisted on going to see The Lightning Thief.  So we went as a family minus Rob (he was at the racetrack) and saw it.



Spenser just started reading the book Friday night, but he still saw the movie today.




Read the next posting for Sienna's perspective!

No comments: